Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available

Re: Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is great progress folks !!!

Thanks. Actually, for all those who care about .23 I've created a hadoop-0.23
branch in Bigtop and hooked up 3 additional Jenkins jobs:
     http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop23-centos5/
     http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop23-ubuntu-lucid/
     http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop23/

The good news is that HDFS and common are ok, can be packaged and
uses. The bad news for .23 are way more plentiful though:
     1. HBase now breaks with the profile that is supposed to be compatible
     with .23. Perhaps this is one of the issues that Todd has mentioned
     earlier, but I'm not sure.

     2. MR2 (or more precise YARN) seem to be in a pretty weird shape.
     First of all, I can't really build it the same way that the rest of the
     Hadoop 0.23 builds (which is what specified in top-level BUILDING.txt).
     Somehow it requires assembly:single goal to be executed explicitly.
     Worse yet, it seems to be following a different binary layout compared to
     HDFS and common (conf vs. etc/hadoop, etc.). Also, I'm not sure how
     to make natives bits of pipes/utils compile short of manual execution
     of ant.

     3. fuse-dfs is now an orphan. Its not hooked to the build system and seems
     to be in limbo: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1757

I would really, really, really appreciate if somebody can help triaging these
issues or at least would be nice enough to point me to existing
JIRAs/discussions.

My goal here is to get us to a point where we can start executing
automated integration testing against a fully distributed cluster and
start publishing these results on the same Jenkins to monitor the
health and progress of .22/.23 and corresponding Bigtop stacks.

Thanks,
Roman.