HBase >> mail # user >> backup strategies

backup strategies
I am sure this topic has been visited many times but I though I ask to see
if anything changed.

We are using hbase with close to 40b rows and backing up the data is
non-trivial. We can use export table to another Hadoop/HDFS filesystem but
I am not aware of any guaranteed way of preserving data from one version of
Hbase to another (specifically if its very old) . Is there a program which
will serialize the data into JSON/XML and dump it on a Unix filesystem?
Once I get the data we can compress it whatever we like and back it up
using our internal software.
Paul Mackles 2012-08-16, 11:53
+
Rita 2012-08-22, 10:48