MapReduce, mail # user - Hadoop/Lucene + Solr architecture suggestions?

+
Mark Kerzner 2012-10-10, 02:47
+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-10, 14:58
+
Lance Norskog 2012-10-11, 02:15
+
Tim Williams 2012-10-11, 02:27
Re: Hadoop/Lucene + Solr architecture suggestions?
M. C. Srivas 2012-10-11, 05:04
Interestingly, a few MapR customers have gone the other way, deliberately
having the indexer put  the Solr shards directly into MapR and letting it
distribute it. Has made index-management a cinch.

Otherwise they do run into what Tim alludes to.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Tim Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Lance Norskog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > In the LucidWorks Big Data product, we handle this with a reducer that
> sends documents to a SolrCloud cluster. This way the index files are not
> managed by Hadoop.
>
> Hi Lance,
> I'm curious if you've gotten that to work with a decent-sized (e.g. >
> 250 node) cluster?  Even a trivial cluster seems to crush SolrCloud
> from a few months ago at least...
>
> Thanks,
> --tim

+