MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Unknown processes unable to terminate

+
Sai Sai 2013-03-04, 09:42
+
shashwat shriparv 2013-03-04, 10:21
RE: Unknown processes unable to terminate
Leo Leung 2013-03-04, 18:36
Hi Sai,

   The RunJar process is normally the result of someone or something running “hadoop jar <something>”
   (i.e:  org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar  <something>)

   You probably want to find out who/what is running with a more detail info via ps –ef | grep RunJar
   <stop|start>-all.sh deals with hdfs/ M/R specific process only.   So it will not stop any other java process reported by jps.

Cheers.
From: Sai Sai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 1:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Unknown processes unable to terminate

I have a list of following processes given below, i am trying to kill the process 13082 using:

kill 13082

Its not terminating RunJar.

I have done a stop-all.sh hoping it would stop all the processes but only stopped the hadoop related processes.
I am just wondering if it is necessary to stop all other processes before starting the hadoop process and how to stop these other processes.

Here is the list of processes which r appearing:
30969 FileSystemCat
30877 FileSystemCat
5647 StreamCompressor
32200 DataNode