HBase >> mail # user >> question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 06:25
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-07-04, 08:57
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 09:00
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-07-04, 10:50
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 06:09
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-05, 06:21
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 07:03
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-05, 07:30
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 07:38
+
Anoop John 2013-07-05, 07:58
Re: question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read
checksumFailures  will get updated when the HBase handled checksum feature
is in use and checksum check done at RS side failed..  If it happens we
will try to read from DN with DN checksum check enabled.

Agree that right now the HBase handled checksum will work only with SCR.
But it might work without SCR also later (as support come from HDFS)..  So
I am not getting the direct relation btw the SCR metric and this one. Am I
missed some thing in the mail loop? Sorry just trying to be clear on this :)

-Anoop-

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I saw the same code and also saw the following in RegionServerMetrics.java
>
> /**
>  * Number of times checksum verification failed.
>  */
> public final MetricsLongValue checksumFailuresCount >   new MetricsLongValue("checksumFailuresCount", registry);
>
> The registry is then registered in JMX via:
>
> // export for JMX
> statistics = new RegionServerStatistics(this.registry, name);
>
> And in doUpdates() I see the following:
> this.checksumFailuresCount.pushMetric(this.metricsRecord);
>
> In the constructor I see:
> // export for JMX
> statistics = new RegionServerStatistics(this.registry, name);
>
> Which makes me feel the metrics are exported. But for some reason in my
> ganglia all I see is hbase.RegionServerDynamicStatistics which comes from a
> different class. I don't see a group for RegionServerStatistics which is
> strange.
>
> Let me dig deeper and see if the metrics are getting suppressed somewhere.
>
> Thanks,
> Viral
>
> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Am not sure on the Ganglia side, but seeing the code i found this
> > {code}
> >   // For measuring number of checksum failures
> >   static final AtomicLong checksumFailures = new AtomicLong();
> > {code}
> > And it was getting updated too.  Let me check on the JMX side if it
> really
> > getting sent out to the Metrics system.  If not we can address that in
> the
> > JIRA.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ram