Hadoop >> mail # dev >> RE: [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk

+
Bikas Saha 2013-02-27, 00:30
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-02-27, 06:05
+
Raja Aluri 2013-02-28, 19:17
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2013-03-01, 04:47
+
Chuan Liu 2013-02-28, 20:21
+
Tsuyoshi OZAWA 2013-03-04, 02:09
+
Harsh J 2013-03-04, 04:50
On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have we agreed (and stated it somewhere proper) that a -1 obtained for
> a Windows CI build for a test-patch will not block the ongoing work
> (unless it is Windows specific) and patches may still be committed to
> trunk despite that?

This thread is long and possibly hard to follow. Yes, I and several others
have
stated that for now it is okay to commit even if Windows precommit build
posts -1.

> I'm +1 if someone can assert and add the above into the formal
> guidelines. I'd still prefer that Windows does its releases separately
> as that ensures more quality for its audience and better testing
> periods (and wouldn't block anything), but we can come to that iff we
> are unable to maintain the currently proposed model.
Which do you think is the right place to add this?

At this time we are voting for merging into trunk. I prefer having a single
release
that supports both Linux and windows. Based on working on Windows support
I think this is doable and should not hold up releases for Linux.
+
Harsh J 2013-03-05, 01:42
+
Matt Foley 2013-03-05, 01:49