Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hardware specs calculation for io

Re: Hardware specs calculation for io
You will want something in between...

8 cores means 8 spindles.

16 cores means 16 spindles.

You may want to up the memory, especially if you're running or thinking about running HBase.

If you go beyond 4 spindles, you will saturate your 1GBe link. If you think about Type B, you will need 10GBe.