Accumulo >> mail # user >> [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.2 RC2

+
Eric Newton 2012-10-18, 16:46
+
Keith Turner 2012-10-19, 19:33
+
Eric Newton 2012-10-19, 19:41
Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.2 RC2
I don't know that ACCUMULO-826 should be fixed before release, as I'm
not sure there's a good fix without changing the API, and these issues
may occur in several places in the MapReduce API.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree.  And thanks for taking some time to test the candidate.
>
> It would be great if we could get some feedback from all the committers, and
> soon. I assume many of them will be busy in NY next week.
>
> If you look at the CHANGES for 1.4.2, there are some significant bug fixes.
> We want to make sure the final release doesn't contain any unexpected
> surprises like this.
>
> -Eric
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> While testing 1.4.2rc2, I ran into ACCUMULO-826.   I think this is a
>> pretty severe issue that occurs under a fairly common use case.   It
>> sucks to have your M/R job die after a few hours because you killed
>> the processes that started the job.   I am thinking its worth holding
>> 1.4.2 up in order to fix this issue, thoughts?
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> > Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
>> > version 1.4.2.
>> >
>> > The src tar ball was generated by exporting:
>> >
>> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.2rc2
>> >
>> > To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command:
>> >    src/assemble/build.sh
>> >
>> > Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
>> >   http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.2rc2
>> >
>> > Maven Staged Repository:
>> >
>> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-135
>> >
>> > Keys:
>> >   http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
>> >
>> > Changes:
>> >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.2rc2/CHANGES
>> >
>> > The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
>> >
>> > The only change from RC1 was ACCUMULO-823.

+
Josh Elser 2012-10-22, 13:52
+
Keith Turner 2012-10-22, 16:20