From: Harsh J [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:11 PM
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Fault tolerance and Speculative Execution

What you describe in the first paragraph is not true.

Speculative execution API toggles are listed in the documentation:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/mapred_tutorial.html#Job+Configuration
and in the mapred-default page in property form:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/mapred-default.html. Speculative
execution is enabled by default.

--
Harsh J