HDFS, mail # dev - Re: Heads up: branch-2.1-beta

Re: Heads up: branch-2.1-beta
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-20, 05:02
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Ping. Any luck?
>
> One final question -- has the memory requirements for NN change? I've
> been always running my Bigtop tests with 1G of heap and I've never
> seen any issues. In this test run NN kept OOMing till I doubled its
> heap size. Is this expected?

To follow: NN keeps OOMing. It seems that a reliable way to make it happen
is to run Bigtop's version of TestCLI against a fully distributed
cluster. At this
point I'm actually reasonably concerned and will follow up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Roman.