Drill >> mail # dev >> How to "Setup common, ref and sqlparser java projects"

RE: How to "Setup common, ref and sqlparser java projects"
I have been able to create the project using Eclipse as well as Intellij IDEA.  My question specifically is on what the following and what additional action is required subsequent to importing the source code as Maven Project:Clone the souces to your local. Setup common, ref and sqlparser java projectsI don't find .project and .iml files in the git repository.  Can I checkin the .iml files into git repository?  Or has it been decided not to checkin IDE meta files into repository?
Regards,Ravi