HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

+
Stack 2013-06-25, 03:45
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 20:40
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 20:54
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 21:54
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 22:42
+
Stack 2013-07-01, 22:34
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 22:56
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-02, 00:32
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 22:45
+
Stack 2013-07-01, 22:31
+
Stack 2013-07-09, 20:14
+
Stack 2013-07-17, 19:12
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-17, 20:45
+
Stack 2013-07-17, 21:58
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-17, 22:21
+
Stack 2013-07-17, 23:43
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-17, 23:21
+
Stack 2013-07-17, 23:41
Re: [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
> These are both criticals.  Maybe they should be blocker altogether since
> can't ship w/o them.

Ok, did that.

>  > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6929 (same for 0.94 and
> 0.96)
> >

> This is a 0.94 issue.  Could fall out from hbase-8224 work.

Agreed, as long as HBASE-8224 will enable us to publish 0.96-hadoop2 to
mvn, and at the time of release we do that, we are golden. 0.94-hadoop2 is
not a blocker.

> > For migration, there are some steps that the a user has to perform before
> > going to 0.96 (recompile with 0.96, select hadoop1 or hadoop2, some minor
> > class renamings, etc), we should document these steps in the book. (I
> don't
> > remember we already have an open jira for this.)
> >

> HBASE-8348 Polish the migration to 0.96
>

> > For testing, IT tests are rapidly improving. We will also start running
> > those (or a subset of those) against 0.96.
> >

> Sweet.
>
> St.Ack

+
Ted Yu 2013-07-18, 22:54