HDFS >> mail # user >> RE: Permission problem

+
Kevin Burton 2013-04-30, 14:55
+
Arpit Gupta 2013-04-30, 15:01
+
Kevin Burton 2013-04-30, 15:22
+
Arpit Gupta 2013-04-30, 15:47
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-04-30, 17:06
RE: Permission problem
To further complicate the issue the log file in
(/var/log/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/hadoop-hadoop-jobtracker-devUbuntu05.log) is
owned by mapred:mapred and the name of the file seems to indicate some other
lineage (hadoop,hadoop). I am out of my league in understanding the
permission structure for hadoop hdfs and mr. Ideas?

From: Kevin Burton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 'Mohammad Tariq'
Subject: RE: Permission problem

That is what I perceive as the problem. The hdfs file system was created
with the user 'hdfs' owning the root ('/') but for some reason with a M/R
job the user 'mapred' needs to have write permission to the root. I don't
know how to satisfy both conditions. That is one reason that I relaxed the
permission to 775 so that the group would also have write permission but
that didn't seem to help.