Hive >> mail # user >> Thrift Server

+
VanHuy Pham 2012-06-29, 20:33
RE: Thrift Server
Hi Van
         Hive doesn’t supported multiple connections now.
         it's impossible for HiveServer to support concurrent connections using the current Thrift API
you can see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27362054/HiveServer2HadoopSummit2012BoF.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1339790767000
From: VanHuy Pham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Thrift Server

Hi hive folks,
    Does hive thrift server support multiple requests from clients at the same time?
    It looks like the server serves the request sequentially, which means it processes each request one by one. Am I wrong here?
    I make two clients, which make two requests (select data) to two different in hive; judging by the terminal screen of the hive server, it processes one request, finishes it, and process the other.

Van
+
VanHuy Pham 2012-06-30, 00:58
+