HBase >> mail # user >> Number of column families vs Number of column family qualifiers

+
weliam.cloud@... 2010-10-10, 01:42
Re: Number of column families vs Number of column family qualifiers
isn't depends on your app data access pattern? Are you reading all those
columns against a pk simultaneously or not. That would help in discerning
which way to go. :)

Himanshu.

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I have a question about the scheme design for Hbase. In general, should I
> prefer to have more column families with less column family qualifiers or
> should I prefer to have less column families with more column family
> qualifiers?
>
> For example, I could have one column family with four qualifiers inside or
> I could have four column families with one qualifier in each of them, which
> one should I use?
>
> I understand that each column family is going to be stored in a store. So,
> my understanding is that: performance wise, it would be reasonable to choose
> 1 column family with 4 qualifiers in the example above; considering the
> sparse storage space, it would be reasonable to choose 4 column families
> with 1 qualifier in the example above. Is this correct?
>
> Many thanks.
>

> William

+
Ryan Rawson 2010-10-10, 05:44