Hadoop >> mail # user >> EOFException at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1508)......

+
waqas latif 2012-05-25, 09:42
Re: EOFException at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1508)......

Regards, waqas. I think that you have to ask to MapR experts.
On 05/25/2012 05:42 AM, waqas latif wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> I am fairly new to hadoop MapR and I was trying to run a matrix
> multiplication example presented by Mr. Norstadt under following link
> http://www.norstad.org/matrix-multiply/index.html. I can run it
> successfully with hadoop 0.20.2 but I tried to run it with hadoop 1.0.3 but
> I am getting following error. Is it the problem with my hadoop
> configuration or it is compatibility problem in the code which was written
> in hadoop 0.20 by author.Also please guide me that how can I fix this error
> in either case. Here is the error I am getting.
The same code that you write for 0.20.2 should work in 1.0.3 too.

> in thread "main" java.io.EOFException
>          at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:180)
>          at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:152)
>          at
> org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1508)
>          at
> org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1486)
>          at
> org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1475)
>          at
> org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1470)
>          at TestMatrixMultiply.fillMatrix(TestMatrixMultiply.java:60)
>          at TestMatrixMultiply.readMatrix(TestMatrixMultiply.java:87)
>          at TestMatrixMultiply.checkAnswer(TestMatrixMultiply.java:112)
>          at TestMatrixMultiply.runOneTest(TestMatrixMultiply.java:150)
>          at TestMatrixMultiply.testRandom(TestMatrixMultiply.java:278)
>          at TestMatrixMultiply.main(TestMatrixMultiply.java:308)
>          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>          at
>          at
>          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>          at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,
> waqas
Can you put here the completed log for this?
Best wishes

--
Marcos Luis Ort�z Valmaseda
  Data Engineer&&  Sr. System Administrator at UCI

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci
Harsh J 2012-05-25, 16:39
+