MapReduce >> mail # user >> Configuring SSH - is it required? for a psedo distriburted mode?

Configuring SSH - is it required? for a psedo distriburted mode?
 Hi,

I have a dedicated user on Linux server for hadoop. I am installing it in psedo distributed mode on this box. I want to test my programs on this machine. But i see that in installation steps - they were mentioned that SSH needs to be configured. If it is single node, I dont require it ...right? Please advise.

I was looking at this site
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/

It menionted like this -
"Hadoop requires SSH access to manage its nodes, i.e. remote machines plus your local machine if you want to use Hadoop on it (which is what we want to do in this short tutorial). For our single-node setup of Hadoop, we therefore need to configure SSH access to localhost for the hduser user we created in the previous section.
"

Thanks,
Raj