Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [PROPOSAL] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote

+
Matt Foley 2013-05-21, 21:10
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-21, 21:48
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-05-21, 22:18
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-21, 21:37
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-05-21, 21:45
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-22, 10:53
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-05-21, 22:21
+
Eli Collins 2013-05-21, 23:02
+
Jitendra Pandey 2013-05-21, 23:13
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-05-21, 23:48
+
Mahadev Konar 2013-05-22, 00:33
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-22, 01:57
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2013-05-22, 01:58
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-22, 02:01
Re: [PROPOSAL] change in bylaws to remove Release Plan vote
Couldn't reply yesterday.
I will try to argue this is a useful action and that keeping it in Bylaws
does not change regular release process.

- Bylaws do not require to vote on every release plan.
If nobody complains then it is a routine process of building a RC and
voting on it.
- It is useful to vote on a release plan when there are concerns about how
that particular plan effects the evolution of the project.
It is better to reach consensus on intentions rather than disagree when the
release is ready.

This is also a way to unite the community to work in common direction and
avoid fragmentation of the project.
Otherwise people who do not support the direction keep developing their own
branches and forks.

I like the second change defining the role of RM.
Very well formulated, thanks Matt.

--Konstantin

+
Matt Foley 2013-05-22, 19:39