Hadoop >> mail # general >> 0.20.2 HDFS incompatible with 0.20.1

+
Todd Lipcon 2010-01-05, 19:29
+
Allen Wittenauer 2010-01-05, 20:06
+
Owen OMalley 2010-01-05, 22:06
+
Sanjay Radia 2010-01-06, 00:39
+
Doug Cutting 2010-01-06, 16:10
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2010-01-06, 18:23
+
Owen OMalley 2010-01-06, 18:26
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2010-01-06, 18:31
+
Owen OMalley 2010-01-06, 18:33
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-01-06, 18:54
+
Allen Wittenauer 2010-01-06, 20:00
Re: 0.20.2 HDFS incompatible with 0.20.1

> ----------------Start of the message:
> > I would like Hairong to consider if she could fix the issue in 0.20
> > without the incompatible change.
>
> It is possible that I fix the issue in 0.20 without breaking the
> compatibility. But I am worried about the code stability if we take
> this approach. The pipeline code is such a critical and fragile part
> of HDFS. Currently I depend on the extensive pipeline fault
> injection tests created in 0.21 to build the confidence that my
> change works. If the change in 0.20 differs from that in 0.21 and
> the trunk, it becomes harder for us to ensure the pipeline code
> stability.
>
> I would like to propose that we pull out HDFS-793 and HDFS-101 from
> 0.20.
>
> Hairong
+1 to pull it out.
This part of the code is trick to get right and test.

sanjay