HBase >> mail # user >> X3 slow down after moving from HBase 0.90.3 to HBase 0.92.1

Re: X3 slow down after moving from HBase 0.90.3 to HBase 0.92.1
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Vincent Barat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have changed some parameters on our 16(!) region servers : 1GB more -Xmx,
> more rpc handler (from 10 to 30) longer timeout, but nothing seems to
> improve the response time:

You have taken a look at the perf chapter Vincent:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#performance

You carried forward your old hbase-default.xml or did you remove it
(0.92 should have defaults in hbase-X.X.X.jar -- some defaults will
have changed).
> - Scans with HBase 0.92  are x3 SLOWER than with HBase 0.90.3

Any scan caching going on?
> - A lot of simultaneous gets lead to a huge slow down of batch put & ramdom
> read response time

The gets are returning lots of data? (If you thread dump the server at
this time -- see at top of the regionserver UI -- can you see what we
are hung up on?  Are all handlers occupied?).
> ... despite the fact that our RS CPU load is really low (10%)

As has been suggested earlier, perhaps up the handlers?
> Note: we have not (yet) activated MSlabs, nor direct read on HDFS.

MSlab will help you avoid stop-the-world GCs.  Direct read of HDFS
should speed up random access.

St.Ack