Avro, mail # user - Avro data type for datetimes?

+
Andrew Pennebaker 2013-08-23, 14:48
+
Doug Cutting 2013-08-23, 16:39
Re: Avro data type for datetimes?
Doug Cutting 2013-08-27, 18:22
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Since release 1.7.4, Avro Java will serialize and deserialize
> instances of java.util.Date using the following schema:
>
>   {"type":"string", "java-class":"java.util.Date"}

Oops.  I forgot that this was reverted in AVRO-1155.

So I think we're better off specifying a standard schema for
datetimes.  The existing Jira for this is:

I'll try to create a patch for this soon.

Doug