Accumulo, mail # dev - 1.5 - how to build rpm; cdh3u4;

Re: 1.5 - how to build rpm; cdh3u4;
Rob Tallis 2013-05-15, 08:06
I've given up on cdh3 then. I've trying to get 1.5 and /or trunk going on
cdh4.2.1 on a small hadoop cluster installed via cloudera manager. I built
the tar specifying Dhadoop.profile=2.0 -Dhadoop.version=2.0.0-cdh4.2.1.
I've edited accumulo-site to add $HADOOP_PREFIX/client/.*.jar, to the
classpath. This lets me init and start the processes but I've got the
problem of the instance information being stored on local disk rather than
on hdfs. (unable obtain instance id at /accumulo/instance_id)

I can see references to this problem elsewhere but I can't figure out what
I'm doing wrong. Something wrong with my environment when I init i guess..?
(tbh it's the first time I've tried a cluster install over a standalone so
it might not have anything to do with the versions I'm trying)

Rob