Pig, mail # user - IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair - Pig 0.10.0 with HBase

+
Alberto Cordioli 2012-09-12, 09:35
+
Cheolsoo Park 2012-09-12, 18:11
Re: IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair - Pig 0.10.0 with HBase
Alberto Cordioli 2012-09-12, 22:10
Thanks Cheolsoo.
I've already seen that link. But it is not so much clear to me how Pig
makes use of HBase jars.
Even if I use Pig in MapReduce mode (real or pseudo-distributed) it
needs HBase on the client, right?

In my particular case I use Pig in a real distributed cluster (but I
tested it also in pseudo-distributed env) running pig in interactive
way (using the script pig in bin folder). Should I launch pig with
java command?
Please, could you explain me how to setup correctly Pig for my case
(Hbase 0.94 and hadoop 1.0.3)?

Thank you very much,
Alberto

--