Hadoop, mail # dev - No mapred-site.xml in the hadoop-0.23.3 distribution

+
Pavan Kulkarni 2012-07-06, 00:23
Re: No mapred-site.xml in the hadoop-0.23.3 distribution
Robert Evans 2012-07-06, 14:13
That may be something that we missed, as I have been providing my own
marped-site.xml for quite a while now.  Have you tried it with branch-2 or
trunk to see if they are providing it?  In either case it is just going to
be a template for you to fill in, but it would be nice to package that
template for our users to follow.  If you want to file a JIRA for that it
would be good, but I don't know how quickly we will be able to get around
to doing it.

--Bobby Evans

On 7/5/12 7:23 PM, "Pavan Kulkarni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  I downloaded the Hadoop-0.23.3 source and tweaked a few classes and
>when I built the binary distribution and untar'd it .I don't see the
>mapred-site.xml
>file in the /etc/hadoop directory. But by the details given on how to run
>the
>Hadoop-0.23.3 the mapred-site.xml needs to be configured right?
>
>  So I was just wondering if we are supposed to create the mapred-site.xml
>, or
>it doesn't exist at all? Thanks
>
>--
>
>--With Regards