Hadoop >> mail # dev >> No mapred-site.xml in the hadoop-0.23.3 distribution

Re: No mapred-site.xml in the hadoop-0.23.3 distribution
That may be something that we missed, as I have been providing my own
marped-site.xml for quite a while now.  Have you tried it with branch-2 or
trunk to see if they are providing it?  In either case it is just going to
be a template for you to fill in, but it would be nice to package that
template for our users to follow.  If you want to file a JIRA for that it
would be good, but I don't know how quickly we will be able to get around
to doing it.

--Bobby Evans