Kafka >> mail # user >> tcp tuning

Re: tcp tuning
This comes into play in two ways:
1. Sends smaller than the socket send buffer will be asynchronous in 0.7.
So if you are using the "sync" setting and are latency sensitive this may
be useful.
2. In the case of transmissions across a WAN or otherwise over a
high-latency connection the buffer size will determine the throughput, as
with any TCP usage. You can read more about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth-delay_product

-Jay