MapReduce, mail # user - One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation

Re: One NameNode keeps Rolling Edit Log on HDFS Federation
Harsh J 2013-02-24, 16:48
Hi,

Federated namenodes are independent of one another (except that they
both get reports from all the/common DNs in the cluster). It is
natural to see one roll its edit logs based on its own rate of
metadata growth, as compared to the other. Their edits, image, etc.
everything is independent - they also do not know about/talk to each
other.

Given the above, I'd say (1) is true and (2) is invalid, and (3) can
be found in PDFs attached to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1052.

--
Harsh J