Chukwa, mail # user - writing custom agent in Chukwa

+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-02-04, 09:24
Re: writing custom agent in Chukwa
Ariel Rabkin 2013-02-04, 16:11
Hrm.

In our terminology, what you'd be doing is "writing an adaptor", or
"modifying the agent" -- you shouldn't need to change any significant
part of the existing agent code.

There are already adaptors for pulling data out of files, without
parsing. They come in several flavors, depending on how you want the
adaptor to behave if the file is modified and whether you want line
buffering. Have a look at the FileTailingAdaptor and subclasses for
examples and a place to start. See
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chukwa/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/chukwa/datacollection/adaptor/filetailer/FileTailingAdaptor.java

--Ari

--