Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop import - column removed in the source DB and all the records are off by 1 column.

Re: Sqoop import - column removed in the source DB and all the records are off by 1 column.
Hi Anandha,
I do have couple of suggestions that could help in your scenario:

1) Rename your hive table to "TABLENAME_OLD" or something and let Sqoop create new hive table with proper schema. This way you will not loose any data nor appropriate schema, however you will end up with two tables.

2) Change your table based import to query based import and select one column extra:

--query "select col1, col2, NULL as col3, col4, ..."

Jarcec