Accumulo >> mail # user >> [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.2 RC2

+
Eric Newton 2012-10-18, 16:46
+
Keith Turner 2012-10-19, 19:33
+
Eric Newton 2012-10-19, 19:41
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-10-19, 21:32
+
Josh Elser 2012-10-22, 13:52
+
Keith Turner 2012-10-22, 16:20
+
William Slacum 2012-10-23, 02:06
+
Eric Newton 2012-10-23, 02:09
+
William Slacum 2012-10-23, 02:34
+
Michael Flester 2012-10-23, 02:41
+
William Slacum 2012-10-23, 02:53
Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.2 RC2
Since the build.sh script is failing on one platform due to known
reasons which can be reproduced (assuming Mike's fix works for Bill), I
don't see a reason to push back the 1.4.2 release.

Given that this hasn't been addressed in RC3, what does everyone else
think? Is providing a notice along with the 1.4.2 release sufficient to
warn people about the known rat issue on OSX and then create a fix for
1.4.3 or 1.5.0 sufficient? Do we even feel the need to note the
workaround (as this would require another round of signing, staging and
voting?

Personally, I don't think we need to revisit this for 1.4.2 as long as
Mike's fix works for Bill because most users aren't going to use the
build.sh script anyways. They'll download the source just run `mvn
package && mvn assembly:single -N` as the README tells them, or they'll
just download the pre-build distribution.

+
David Medinets 2012-10-23, 20:34
+
Josh Elser 2012-10-23, 20:47