HBase >> mail # user >> hbase regionserver fail over -- how long it will take?

hbase regionserver fail over -- how long it will take?
hi, folks,

My understanding of hbase within cluster highavailability is to keep 3 copy
of data(dfs.replication, default is 3). Whenever a region server
fails(offlline), another regionserver, which contain another copy of the
data,  will pick up.

Is my understanding correct? In that case, usually how long will take the
failover to complete, so that the data will be available?

Can I get a couple pointers? or on-line doc? many thanks

Demai
+
Ted Yu 2013-09-21, 03:44
+