Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> porting fixes back to 3.3 branch

+
Camille Fournier 2011-05-28, 18:22
Re: porting fixes back to 3.3 branch
yeah, branches are a pain to maintain. we have done both ways: checked
in the patch without the test and also backported the test. the later
is the preferable one in my opinion. the test case is a whole new
class right? can we just copy the class from trunk?

ben

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm trying to get the bug fixes for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1046 and
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1069 ported back to
> the 3.3 branch, but the tests written for these fixes won't port
> because the test case was never checked in to that branch. What should
> I do here? Check in the fixes to the branch with no test? I'm not
> entirely crazy about that option but it seems like that has been done
> before (the test in question was originally created for a different
> bug fix that was ported without tests to 3.3 from trunk).
> I'm ok to do that for these fixes but going forward do we really want
> to be pushing fixes in anywhere without tests? I'd hate to have a
> "fix" that doesn't work and we don't catch due to this.
>
> Thanks,

Camille Fournier 2011-05-30, 16:32
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-05-30, 16:58