HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: Working on assemblies for 0.95

On 3/22/13, ramkrishna vasudevan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
>> As to hadoop, how about we ship two: one with hadoop1, the other with
>> hadoop2?
>>
>  I agree to this.  Actually this will help a lot in case of automatic
> scripts that tries to use the tarball.  If not every time the source has to
> be recompiled with hadoop 2 and then need to create a tar ball and use it.
>  +1 on this.

+1 here too

I also like the idea of producing a single -bin tarball that unpacks
into something sane. Spent some time recently hacking on the Bigtop
RPM build for HBase 0.94 to try and deal with the 0.95 layout as is
right now, but had to move on before getting something that works. It
will be much easier for Bigtop, and any user, really, if 0.95 (and
trunk...) looks as much like 0.94 as possible when unpacked from a
dist tarball.