Pig, mail # dev - Java 7 and Pig, hijacked from PIG-2643

Re: Java 7 and Pig, hijacked from PIG-2643
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-04-13, 08:30
Sure,
probably Java7 is more mature than Pig.
However as far as I know it is a pain to install on Mac.
This is just one small example of not mature enough.
I am under the impression that Java7 not yet mainstream, correct me if I am
wrong.

I am fine with having optional performance improvements enabled by Java7. +1
I am not fine with having a dependency on Java7 for users. -1
I am not comfortable with having a dependency on Java7 for pig developers.
I am afraid it will put off new contributors. -0

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco