Hadoop, mail # general - Native libraries on Mac

Re: Native libraries on Mac
Christopher Tubbs 2010-03-11, 18:11
Well, I finally figured it out.

Apparently, the library being generated WAS i386 and not x86_64.
So, you have to set CFLAGS="-arch x86_64" prior to running "ant compile-native"

Think we can get patches into 0.20.3 to fix building on a Mac?

Also, it would be nice if ivy could be preconfigured for grabbing
dependencies from the lib directory of the tarball, instead of
requiring them to be redownloaded.

Please and thanks.