Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [git] Documentation and Plan of Action

Re: [git] Documentation and Plan of Action
On 06/12/2013 09:38 PM, Drew Farris wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> In your fix against 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT, you change some stuff with Logger, in
>> which you need to call Logger.foo(). You complete the changes and
>> 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT works. When you go to merge to 1.5, hypothetically, say your
>> change in 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT which required a call to Logger.foo() is no longer
>> required because it's natively handled by the HDFS Logger implementation.
> So, after I do the merge of my change from 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT into 1.5, do
> I have a modified Logger in 1.5 that calls Logger.foo()? Does that
> mean that I need to add another commit to 1.5 that reverts that
> change?
Right, you should notice that with a compilation error though. Stopping
git before it completes the merge (--no-commit) is best here as you can
include these changes in the merge itself rather than having to make yet
another commit.