Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Getting confused with the "recipe for lock"

Re: Getting confused with the "recipe for lock"
Hi,

Yes, this scenario is very likely.
But it will work only for long running tasks (more then session timeout),
for short livinig tasks lock will be unlocked before session timeout,
surely.

In case of long living locks, Client1 should track disconnection from zk
cluster and assume, that lock was abandoned (and somehow notify lock owner
about that). Client can know value of session timeout and spawn timer, and
action accordingly program logic. As example it can interrupt thread, which
created lock, and rise some flag, so long running task can know - lock is
not valid.

--
Andrey.