HBase, mail # dev - All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?

+
Stack 2013-04-24, 19:53
+
Lars George 2013-04-25, 05:45
+
Stack 2013-04-25, 05:55
+
Lars George 2013-04-25, 06:12
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:10
+
Jimmy Xiang 2013-04-25, 18:18
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:23
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-04-25, 18:35
+
Elliott Clark 2013-04-25, 19:37
Re: All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 22:37
> everything's protobuf except for a few fixed bit width length

No. Consider KeyValue. A gateway could be a useful laboratory for
experimenting with approaches like
http://kentonv.github.io/capnproto/encoding.html .

The difference is a gateway can offer a simpler API, or experiment in new
directions, while RPC must conform to expected interfaces (if we want it to
be useful with the current client).

Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)