HBase, mail # dev - HBase on Windows status update

HBase on Windows status update
Enis Söztutar 2012-10-30, 23:19
Hi,

I've updated the the umbrella issue HBASE-6814 for HBase on windows, but it
is worth repeating on the dev list.

Here is the latest comment from the issue:

We were able to get HBase working locally and the test passing (other than
some flaky ones) for 0.94 and trunk under windows. I have uploaded the
recent versions of the patches for most of the issues. I think at this
point we can go on an start committing the patches to trunk once they are
reviewed. There will be other patches later on, but we can work with them
one-by-one. I think, once trunk is in a relatively good shape, and we have
a final list of patches, we can then decide on whether to merge back into
0.94.

For convenience here is a breakdown of the issues:
Patch availables:
HBASE-6816 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6816> (NR)
HBASE-6826 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6826> (R) ->v1
reviewed, v2 is a rebase
HBASE-6822 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6822> (R)
HBASE-6820 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6820> (R)
HBASE-6823 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6823> (R) -> v1
reviewed, v2 is a rebase
HBASE-6827 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6827> (R)
HBASE-6828 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6828> (R)
HBASE-6829 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6829> (NR) -> v3
not reviewed
HBASE-6831 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6831> (R)
HBASE-6832 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6832> (NR) -> v4
(timing issue)
HBASE-6830 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6830> (NR) -> v5
(pathing issue)
HBASE-6821 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6821> (NR) -> v2
HBASE-6825 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6825> (NR) -> v3

Open issues with patches coming shortly:
HBASE-6815 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6815> (NR) -> there
is a patch (not attached yet) for 0.94, to be ported to trunk.
HBASE-6818 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6818> (NR) ->
(depends on scripts porting, trunk patch not tested yet)

Where
(R) indicates reviewed, (NR) is not reviewed.

I'll apply all the PA patches above, and run the full suite of tests on my
linux box to make sure that they are not breaking anything.

It would be really helpful if you guys can take a look at (NR) issues, and
leave a comment. Once we get all reviewed, I will commit them to trunk. Any
suggestions are always welcome of course.

Cheers,

Enis