HBase, mail # dev - max number of open files when testing HBase on the Jenkins server

max number of open files when testing HBase on the Jenkins server
Mikhail Bautin 2011-11-25, 01:03
Hello,

I saw this error when testing my patch on Jenkins:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Too many open files
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.initPipe(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl.<init>(EPollSelectorImpl.java:49)
at sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorProvider.openSelector(EPollSelectorProvider.java:18)
at java.nio.channels.Selector.open(Selector.java:209)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.<init>(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:42)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor40.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getClientCnxnSocket(ZooKeeper.java:1737)
... 55 more

(Full log: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/364//testReport/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client/TestAdmin/testCheckHBaseAvailableClosesConnection/)

I am not sure who maintains the Jenkins server, but it would be nice to
increase the maximum number of open files for HBase unit tests.

Thanks,
--Mikhail