Pig >> mail # dev >> CHANGES.txt in branches

+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-10-17, 02:34
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-10-17, 03:18
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-10-17, 04:46
Re: CHANGES.txt in branches
Also guilty as of about 15 minutes ago. I just moved my entry for PIG-2976
to the Pig 0.11 section on the trunk. Great catch.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Guilty.. I guess we should be putting them under 0.11 in trunk.
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > AFAIK (and I don't really know), I thought that if we put it in both,
> that
> > it'd go in the pig 11 section in trunk, and if not, we don't.
> >
> > Is this correct?
> >
> > Good job noticing this.
> >
> > 2012/10/16 Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >> Hi devs,
> >>
> >> I noticed there is a misalignment in CHANGES.txt between 0.11 and trunk.
> >> It seems some people are putting patches on top in both versions of
> >> the file, while other are putting changes that get into 0.11 in the
> >> 0.11 section of the trunk file.
> >>
> >> Let me show an example:
> >>
> >> This is 0.11
> >>
> >> Pig Change Log
> >>
> >> Release 0.11.0 (unreleased)
> >>
> >> INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES
> >> PIG-1891 Enable StoreFunc to make intelligent decision based on job
> >> success or failure (initialcontext via gates)
> >>
> >> IMPROVEMENTS
> >> PIG-2947: Documentation for Rank operator (xalan via azaroth)
> >>
> >> PIG-2943: DevTests, Refactor Windows checks to use new Util.WINDOWS
> >> method for code health (jgordon via dvryaboy)
> >>
> >> PIG-2794: Pig test: add utils to simplify testing on Windows (jgordon
> via
> >> gates)
> >>
> >> PIG-2908: Fix unit tests to work with jdk7 (rohini via dvryaboy)
> >>
> >> PIG-2965: RANDOM should allow seed initialization for ease of testing
> >> (jcoveney)
> >>
> >> PIG-2964: Add helper method getJobList() to PigStats.JobGraph. Extend
> >> visibility of couple methods on same class (prkommireddi via
> >> billgraham)
> >>

> >> And this is trunk:
> >>
> >> Pig Change Log
> >>
> >> Trunk (unreleased changes)
> >>
> >> INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES
> >>
> >> IMPROVEMENTS
> >>
> >> PIG-2943: DevTests, Refactor Windows checks to use new Util.WINDOWS
> >> method for code health (jgordon via dvryaboy)
> >>
> >> PIG-2966: Test failures on CentOS 6 because MALLOC_ARENA_MAX is not
> >> set (cheolsoo via sms)
> >>
> >> PIG-2793: Pig test: add utils to simplify testing on Windows (jgordon
> via
> >> gates)
> >>
> >> PIG-2908: Fix unit tests to work with jdk7 (rohini via dvryaboy)
> >>
> >> OPTIMIZATIONS
> >>
> >> BUG FIXES
> >>
> >> PIG-2928: Fix e2e test failures in trunk: FilterBoolean_23/24
> >> (cheolsoo via dvryaboy)
> >>
> >> Release 0.11.0 (unreleased)
> >>
> >> INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES
> >> PIG-1891 Enable StoreFunc to make intelligent decision based on job
> >> success or failure (initialcontext via gates)
> >>
> >> IMPROVEMENTS
> >>
> >> PIG-2947: Documentation for Rank operator (xalan via azaroth)
> >>
> >> PIG-2910: Add function to read schema from outout of Schema.toString()
> >> (initialcontext via thejas)

> [...]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-10-18, 19:00