Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop Tutorial help

+
Jennifer Lopez 2012-12-09, 15:53
Re: Hadoop Tutorial help
Hi, Jennifer.
Precisely, Robert Evans, from Yahoo! Team was working in the update of this tutorial to use at least Hadoop 1.x series, but I don´t know right now the progress of the project.

OK, now, you don´t need to download Hadoop-0.18.0 because, it´s included in the VMware Hadoop VM.
You can download it and try it.

Best wishes.
----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Jennifer Lopez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviados: Domingo, 9 de Diciembre 2012 10:53:55
Asunto: Hadoop Tutorial help

I am going through the tutorial presented @ http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module3.html#vm-jobs

I have installed vmware and hadoop virtual machine. This tutorial talks about hadoop 0.18.0 version and states that the compilation would be done in the windows host machine. I want to try out simple examples.

And now I see that this hadoop 0.18.0 version is not availble @ apache hadoop website.

How do I go ahead now? Are any other Hadoop virtual machines available for such tutorials?
Any info would be highly appreciated.

-- Lopez

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci