HDFS >> mail # dev >> Merge Namenode HA feature to 0.23

+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-03-03, 02:15
+
Arun Murthy 2012-03-03, 02:58
+
Eli Collins 2012-03-04, 17:43
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-03-07, 09:12
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-03-08, 05:26
+
Eli Collins 2012-03-09, 18:08
+
Eli Collins 2012-03-09, 20:01
Re: Merge Namenode HA feature to 0.23
+1

I applied the patch to branch-0.23. It compiles just fine. I built a
distribution tar, deployed it to a 4-node cluster, and ran some smoke tests
with HA enabled. All seemed good.

I also ran the following unit tests, which should exercise the relevant HA
code:

TestOfflineEditsViewer,TestHDFSConcat,TestEditLogRace,TestNameEditsConfigs,TestSaveNamespace,TestEditLogFileOutputStream,TestFileJournalManager,TestCheckpoint,TestEditLog,TestFSEditLogLoader,TestFsLimits,TestSecurityTokenEditLog,TestStorageRestore,TestBackupNode,TestEditLogJournalFailures,TestEditLogTailer,TestEditLogsDuringFailover,TestFailureToReadEdits,TestHASafeMode,TestHAStateTransitions,TestFailureOfSharedDir,TestDNFencing,TestStandbyIsHot,TestGenericJournalConf,TestCheckPointForSecurityTokens,TestNNStorageRetentionManager,TestPersistBlocks,TestPBHelper,TestNNLeaseRecovery

Of these, they all passed except for TestOfflineEditsViewer and
TestPersistBlocks. These failed because the patch obviously doesn't include
changes to a few binary files which the tests rely on. Assuming that when
you merge to branch-0.23 you do an actual svn merge, and don't just apply
the patch, then these won't be a problem.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Suresh Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I have merged the change required for merging Namenode HA. I have also
> attached a release 23 patch in the jira HDFS-1623. Please take a look the
> attached patch and let me know if that looks good.
>
> Regards,
> Suresh

+
Eli Collins 2012-03-07, 16:41