HBase, mail # user - Does a major compact flush memstore?

RE: Does a major compact flush memstore?
Liu, Raymond 2013-03-13, 05:34
St.Ack

I am not sure what's the design idea behind it. While, If I want to invoke a major compact manually, I guess what I want is that all separate file and the memstore is combined into one file. If I don't write anything new there, from the user point of view, I will assume that it will end up in a single store file per region.
Best Regards,
Raymond Liu