Accumulo, mail # user - tservers running out of heap space

tservers running out of heap space
Anthony Fox 2012-11-29, 16:14
I am experiencing some issues running multiple parallel scans against
Accumulo.  Running single scans works just fine but when I ramp up the
number of simultaneous clients, my tablet servers die due to running out of
heap space.  I've tried raising max heap to 4G which should be more than
enough but I still see this error.  I've tried with
table.cache.block.enable=false
table.cache.index.enable=false, and table.scan.cache.enable=false and all
combinations of caching enabled as well.

My scans involve a custom intersecting iterator that maintains no more
state than the top key and value.  The scans also do a bit of aggregation
on column qualifiers but the result is small and the number of returned
entries is only in the dozens.  The size of each returned value is only
around 500 bytes.

Any ideas why this may be happening or where to look for further info?

Thanks,
Anthony
+
Keith Turner 2012-11-29, 17:09