Pig >> mail # user >> How do I load JSON in Pig?

+
Russell Jurney 2012-11-17, 22:09
+
Dan Young 2012-11-18, 01:23
+
Arian Pasquali 2012-11-18, 02:30
+
Russell Jurney 2012-11-18, 04:32
Re: How do I load JSON in Pig?
Thanks - looks like I don't have to specify the schema, which is good.
I'll try and build elephant-bird.

Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com

On Nov 17, 2012, at 9:30 PM, Arian Pasquali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> keep calm
> and use elephant-bird
> https://github.com/kevinweil/elephant-bird<https://github.com/kevinweil/elephant-bird/blob/master/pig/src/main/java/com/twitter/elephantbird/pig/load/JsonLoader.java>
>
> I posted here yesterday an example how to load tweets in json
> here goes again. I hope it helps.
>
>  register 'elephant-bird-core-3.0.0.jar'
>    register 'elephant-bird-pig-3.0.0.jar'
>    register 'google-collections-1.0.jar'
>    register 'json-simple-1.1.jar'
>
>    json_lines = LOAD
> '/twitter_data/tweets/stream/v1/json/2012_10_10/08' USING
> com.twitter.elephantbird.pig.load.JsonLoader();
>
>    geo_tweets = FOREACH json_lines GENERATE (CHARARRAY) $0#'id' AS
> id, (CHARARRAY) $0#'geoLocation' AS geoLocation;
>
>    only_not_nulls = FILTER geo_tweets BY geoLocation is not null;
>    store only_not_nulls into '/twitter_data/results/geo_tweets';
>

> Arian Rodrigo Pasquali
> FEUP, SAPO Labs
> http://www.arianpasquali.com
> twitter @arianpasquali
>

> 2012/11/18 Dan Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> No sure if this helps, but in 0.11 I've been using this on EMR for some of
>> our JSON data....
>>
>> raw = load 'hdfs:///cleaned_logs/clicks2/$year_id/$month_id/part-*' USING
>>
>> JsonLoader('a:chararray,at:chararray,c1:(url:chararray,useragent:chararray,referrer:chararray,window:(innerheight:chararray,innerwidth:chararray,outerheight:chararray,outerwidth:chararray),resolution:(height:chararray,width:chararray)),cst:chararray,d:(a:chararray,b:chararray),i:chararray,id:chararray,ip:chararray,k:chararray,l:(lat:chararray,lng:chararray),p:chararray,pv:chararray,sa:chararray,sid:chararray,sst:chararray,t:chararray,uuid:chararray,v:chararray');
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Dano
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Russell Jurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have some JSON data with a uniform schema. I want to load it in Pig.
>>> JsonStorage doesn't work, because the data has no schema.
>>>
>>> How can I load JSON data in Pig?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> datasyndrome.com

+
Arian Pasquali 2012-11-18, 22:46
+