HBase >> mail # user >> Enabling compression

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-07-24, 20:28
+
Rob Roland 2012-07-24, 20:31
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-07-24, 20:34
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-07-24, 20:37
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-07-24, 20:39
+
Dhaval Shah 2012-07-24, 21:04
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-07-24, 22:16
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-07-24, 20:31
Re: Enabling compression

Yes you need to add the snappy libraries to hbase path (i think the variable to set is called HBASE_LIBRARY_PATH)

------------------------------
On Wed 25 Jul, 2012 3:46 AM IST Mohit Anchlia wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Dhaval Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> I bet that your compression libraries are not available to HBase.. Run the
>> compression test utility and see if it can find LZO
>>
>> That seems to be the case for SNAPPY. However, I do have snappy installed
>and it works with hadoop just fine and HBase is running on the same
>cluster. Is there something special I need to do for HBase?
>

>> Regards,
>> Dhaval

+
Asaf Mesika 2012-07-25, 04:42