HBase, mail # user - restriction on the number of tables in hbase and its impact on performance

Re: restriction on the number of tables in hbase and its impact on performance
Kevin O'dell 2012-08-24, 15:04
Rohit,

  This is an interesting question, but it sounds like overkill.  I would
not worry about having tables up that aren't active.  If you keep your
active region count down and your memory footprint reasonable <16GB heap
you should be fine.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera