Accumulo, mail # dev - asciidoc manual

Re: asciidoc manual
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-01, 21:18
This looks good to me. Out of curiosity, what made you decide to use
asciidoc rather than the multitude of other options? Cross-platform support
looks good (support for Windows, Mac, and Linux). There also seems to be a
big enough user base for long term supportability.

A few things I noticed:
1. The headers and TOCs differ in the pdf and html versions as to what they
include. It would be better if we could standardize across those -- maybe
we should standardize the build of both the html and pdf formats as coming
from the docbook intermediate format?
2. Hyperlinking in the pdf TOC would be better if it were the whole line
rather than just the page num (this may be a bit nitpicky).
3. In the html version, some of the examples have lines that go way off to
the right (e.g. Table Configuration -> Iterators -> Combiners). I like how
the pdf version wraps those lines -- this is probably a docbook feature.

Adam