Accumulo >> mail # dev >> HDFS durable sync

Re: HDFS durable sync
It's related, in that it reduces data loss, but it's a different setting.

We're constantly syncing the WALog, but not data in RFiles.  To get
datanodes to sync when a file is closed, you should use
dfs.datanode.synconclose=true.

-Eric